Sunday, February 12, 2012

Today is the first day of the rest of your life

I absolutely hate that saying. I'm not sure why.  Maybe because it's all so touchy feely positive.  But, in reality, we all have so many opportunities to start again. I know I have had many.  The first time was when I could finally move from my parents home when I graduated from high school. I was 17 and finally in charge of my own life.  I got a job for $2.10 an hour and moved to my own apartment (yes, I'm old). The next time was when I joined the Air Force a couple years later.  Since I retired from the military, I've had as many opportunities as I've wanted to start again. When I got cancer, I was afraid that would be the end of my life and am thankful that it wasn't. When I woke up after my surgery, it was another first day.  Last year, I went back to school.  I am hoping it leads to a job where I can feel productive again. So in conjunction with my last semester of class and subsequent internship, I am starting another first day on Monday. I've made a commitment to get in shape. I'm skeptical about a personal trainer, but what I really need is motivation and I think she will supply that. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment