Friday, February 17, 2012

Abortion laws

Everyone is going crazy over Virginia's proposed law that women have an ultrasound prior to being able to have an abortion. I remember this type of law was passed in Texas last year and when I went searching for information on it, I found that not only does Texas require it, but so do five other states.  Is it just that no one was aware that it happened in all these other states?  Virginia is closer to DC, so it's in the Washington Post?  I am not aware of the specifics, but I'm assuming that because of the age of the fetus, the ultrasound must be performed transvaginally.  Texas requires the woman receiving the abortion 'hear' the heartbeat and the doctor must show and describe the fetus to her.  This obviously has been challenged in the courts and according to this article, on Feb 7, the requirement was upheld.
I am so goddamn tired of these assholes thinking they have a right to make laws dictating every aspect of a womans life but OMG the government is too big and intrusive. I don't know the answer to any of this.  I sit here and wonder how the country will look in another 10 years and I just hope the frustration over the crazy won't kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment